Many of the women of Magdalene are employed by its social enterprise, Thistle Farms, which offers a variety of natural, handmade bath and body products, available online and at 140 stores across the country.
National Public Radio will be highlighting Magdalene and Thistle Farms on several programs throughout the week. Here's the lineup, sent from Magdalene:
• Part I is Monday afternoon, on the drive-time news show, All Things Considered, and focuses on breaking the arc of prostitution and begins with law enforcement and recovery;
• Part 2 airs on Morning Edition on Tuesday the 26th and looks at two women who’ve been through the Magdalene program;
• Part 3 will be on Wednesday morning the 27th on Morning Edition and will explore the issue of recovery and feature cameos with Becca, our founder, as well as various residents and graduates.
• Additionally on Monday, Tell Me More, an NPR interview show hosted by Michel Martin, will interview NPR correspondent Jacki Lyden and feature clips from the story;
• On Thursday the 28, Becca and a graduate are to be interviewed on NPR's national day-time talk show, Talk of the Nation, with Neal Conan.
• Stephen Alvarez has also created a ten-minute video clip on Magdalene/Thistle Farms, which will be featured this week on NPR.org.