* Head honcho Jim Ridley took the bus, including a jaunt on the city's free downtown Green Circuit route, which was rewarded with some of the best pizza in town.
* News editor (and City Paper chief) Stephen George put the meddle to the pedals, biking to work every day, rain or shine. He picked a week without much shine.
* I braved the psychological crucible of sitting around my house all day with no one to talk to but a dog and the cable guy, while also trying to work from home.
* The Scene's perhaps-ironically-titled traffic manager Brent Rolen enjoyed the comfort and reading time afforded by the Music City Star's commuter rail service.
* Assistant editor Dana Franklin opted for the most reliable — if least convenient and slowest — of options: her own two feet. Oh, the places she went.
* Managing editor Jack Silverman had the cushiest alternative commute of all — zipping around town in the shiny new all-electric Nissan LEAF. (He also found out about some cool locally built electric scooters in the process.)
So come on and come along on a fantastic (sustainable) voyage.