2. Lind has proven that he can answer questions on the fly without causing the people watching to stare slack-jawed in horror. McWherter? Not so much.
3. Like McWherter, Lind is not a career politician. Unlike McWherter, Lind has never made an issue of this.
4. Lind is interested in things going on in my community. Just this last weekend, he attended a cricket match right by my house. McWherter has never been to a cricket match by my house during the campaign.
5. When people ask me why they should vote for McWherter, I honestly don't know why. If someone were to ask me why she should vote for Lind, I honestly wouldn't know why, either, but Lind hasn't been campaigning for months. As a non-candidate, he's as successful at articulating why he should be governor as the Democrat who is a candidate.
6. Lind will have the good sense to be embarrassed that anyone voted for him. McWherter will not.