Below, I've included five excerpts pulled from the Wikipedia pages of five bands and removed the band names. Your job, fair reader, is to match the band with description. And also to watch that Bachman-Turner Overdrive video. Yikes.
1. "____________ has been recognized in many music circles for carrying on the torch of guitar-heavy rock and roll at a time when soft rock was dominating the Top 40 charts, and progressive and glam acts (such as Yes, Pink Floyd, Slade and David Bowie) were getting an increasing share of FM radio play."
2. "Although ____________ had limited peak commercial success, his ongoing popularity has been notable."
3. "____________ (also known as ____________) is an American blues rock band that was highly popular during the 1970s. ____________ toured to packed arenas worldwide. A popular take on the band during its heyday was that, although the critics hated them, audiences loved them."
4. "In 1977, ____________ recorded the novelty song '____________,' which is played on Dr. Demento's radio show on occasion."
5. "By the early 1980s, ____________ shifted to a more accessible arena rock style without abandoning its ____________ rock roots. This shift helped to usher in a string of successful albums and singles."
And your options...
A. Grand Funk Railroad
B. Steve Miller Band
C. Bachman-Turner Overdrive
(If you watch one video, make it this one. Keith Moon gives the intro and the performance is...not good.)
D. Brownsville Station
E. 38 Special