* A Gala of Goblins and Ghouls at Cannery Ballroom feat. The Features, Heypenny, Tristen and The GoldRoom. Needless to say, this bill is packed with Cream faves. Contributor Stephen "Goose" Trageser has a Critic's Pick on it. Kicks off at 8 p.m., costs $15.
* Paul Metzger, Tim Kaiser & Robbie Lynn Hunsinger at Noa Noa. How about a bevvy of experimental music to kick off your H-ween? Tony Youngblood has the details over at Theatre Intangible, but I'll just nutshell it for you: modified string instruments, Frankensteined acoustic and electric instruments (how appropriate!), sound art and more. Costs $10 and starts at 7 p.m., so you'll still have some time to egg the principal's house after the show and before your curfew. [FB event page]
* Halloween at The Stone Fox. Now this one looks intriguing. The Stone Fox will provide back-lined gear all evening, and bands will cover Weezer, The Smiths, The Stooges, Michael Jackson, The Clash, Lifeboy (!!!), Nirvana, The Kinks and more. Seriously, who wants to join me in an impromptu Built To Spill cover band? ELO (in which case, they'll need more DIs)? There will also be prizes for best costume and best band. Also rad? Only costs $1. Starts at 8 p.m. [FB event page]
* Unknown Hinson at Exit/In. Some say Hinson is the alter-ego of Stuart Daniel Baker (who does the voice of Early Cuyler on Adult Swim's Squidbillies), but the two vehemently deny knowing one another. Anyway, Hinson's something of a legend in these parts, as he was arrested on "three counts of murder, 19 paternity suits, vampirism and random grave-robbing offenses and was sentenced to 30 years in prison." Spooky bastard. That one costs $15 and begins at 8 p.m.
* Halloween DJ Mob at No. 308. This one is just what it sounds like: a shit-load of DJs. DJ Heath Haynes, DJ Junior, DJ Lonesome, DJ Grandpa and several others. Dress as a zombie rock star, win a prize. No cover, and it kicks off at 10 p.m. [FB event page]
* The High Watt Horror Show feat. Diamond Rings, Kyle Andrews, Stepdad and Gold Fields. Not to be confused with Diamond Rugs, Diamond Rings is the project of gender-bending pop artist John O'Regan. Plenty of pop on this bill, all around. Starts at 9 p.m., costs $10.
* Halloween in Da Womb feat. Jealousy Mountain Duo, Deluxin', Technikiller and More. For the punks! A house show with some wild bands, beers and babes. I'll let the FB event page speak for itself.
* Halloween Mega Dance Party at FooBar. Featuring DJ Spice J, DJ WD-40oz and all your usual costumed chicanery. [FB event page]
* JonesWorld's Funk-o-ween Costume Ball with special guests Hot Mess at Mercy Lounge. I'm just going to let the JonesWorld dudes speak for themselves. Check out the listing on Mercy's site and watch the JonesWorld video. If that seems like the sort of shit you can get behind, knock yourself out. Starts at 8 p.m., costs $10.
Did we miss anything? If so, let us know in the comments. And seriously, be safe out there.