* Those of you who enjoy cute, Canadian, rock ’n’ roll-themed comic books probably already know that Scott Pilgrim has been adapted into a film. It’s got all the go-to hip younguns — a Cera, a Schwartzman and a Culkin — and is directed by Edgar Wright of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz acclaim. Also, that trailer up there features posthumous local kiddie punkers Be Your Own Pet’s “Black Hole.” Thanks to [former] Intern Lance for sending that one along.
* Next Big Nashville and Creative Allies are hosting a design contest for this year’s NBN. The winning design will go on “a very special Artist-only ‘tool kit,’ a bag that will be given to all the participating NBN Artists.” Swag bag! Winner gets 300 bones and two VIP passes. Get your design on, creative types. Entries are due July 27.
* We told you and told you again about the Forecastle lineup. I mean, Flaming Lips? Spoon?? Devo??? Sounding pretty good, right? Well, the Louisville fest has finally pulled out the big guns and announced their last handful of artists. Modern English and Scott Miller and the Commonwealth are playing, but that’s not all. Now headlining (over Devo) is everyone’s favorite salamander-fronted zombie of a band. That’s right; the man who was basically trolling malls and chat rooms looking for a band has found one, and now they’re headlining Forecastle. Smashing Pumpkins. Headlining. Over Devo. Let that one simmer for a minute.
* Blitzen Trapper will be stopping in for a free in-store at Grimey's on June 11 (5:30 p.m.). That's their only appearance in Nashville, so if you can't make it to Bonnaroo, Grimey's the place to see 'em. According to the release, Grimey's "will be giving away some super limited edition Blitzen Trapper beer koozy's, so get excited for that." Destroyer of the Void is out June 8 on Sub Pop. "Heaven and Earth" [MP3]
* Hole's show at the Ryman June 29 moved to Cannery. Fact.