As you may have heard, today's the day bloggers are supposed to start admitting on their blogs when they're getting free stuff in exchange for blogging. Mommy bloggers are to blame for this.
Since it's understood that we get review copies of albums and that those albums are property of the record label and must be surrendered upon pain of death, and have the UPC codes scratched out so that even a shit-poor music writer can't turn around and get $2 in store credit for something the label is never going to ask for, let's just move on to the necessary FULL DISCLOSURE of the various free perks, goods and services heaped upon the Cream throughout the course of 2009.
* You may have noticed Gold blogs about Springsteen with alarming frequency. That's because the Boss hooks him up with "Glory Daze," which is like Northern Lights on acid in a K-hole with Sudafed and unicorns.
* The Dynamites got us a deal on dry cleaning, which is good for Formal Fridays™ around the office.
* Kings of Leon sent one of these.
* Natural Child dropped off half a warm beer and a pack of tube socks.
* A pillow courtesy of Space Capone.
* The Dead Weather sent us a black box containing a lock of black hair and a black wax cylinder containing this video. The hair is pretty.
* Infinity Cat Food.
* How I Became the Bomb sent a box of pinkie rings.
* In exchange for favorable reviews of shows at their venue, Mercy Lounge has promised a lifetime of handies. (To be paid under the table, of course.)
And that covers our gifts this year, Federal Trade Commission. Except for the cash. Lots of cash. Keep it coming, everybody, and we'll blog about you! (HT to Ashley for reminding us to come clean on this important day.)