* Local power duo German Castro may have played their final show ever the other night at Springwater, but that doesn't mean Paul and Matt have given all they have to give just yet. No, they're leaving us all with one last EP, called Petrol Coast, which you can just go ahead and download all 8.2 sludgy-good megs of right now onto your computer machine.
* Speaking of downloadings, We Own This Town just put up Vol. 26 of their podcast series, which includes songs by Turbo Fruits, Kindergarten Circus, Oblio, Tallest Trees and several more. You can also just stream that sucker if that's more your Internet speed. [WOTT]
* Anyone want to put on a house show for a band called French Miami? They're good. They have Thursday and Saturday off and are looking for a Nashville gig. The singer plays guitar and keyboard at the same time, for fuck's sake. Dooooo it. Here's a song that will kick your ass:
Email cream[at]nashvillescene[dot]com if you can throw something together, k?
* Rock 'n' Roll Team Trivia at Mercy Lounge is tonight. (No more Sundays now that pigskin is back in season.) Doors at 7, game at 8. Free. Win stuff. Be trivial.
* Fruit Bats play Exit/In tonight. In case you missed their in-store at Grimey's yesterday, like some people I know.