* The Dead Weather will be performing at the grand opening of Third Man Records and Novelties West in Los Angeles at noon on Wednesday. According to The DW's website, Third Man West will be open for a total of just three days, but at Wednesday's performance they'll give away a "'golden ticket' trip to Nashville to tour the original Third Man Records facility." So enigmatic.
* Kings of Leon will be on The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien this evening. I can't promise you that Ann Curry will be there, swaying gently with her eyes closed, but who knows? Maybe Andy Richter is a fan. That reminds me, The Features are doing a few dates with KOL in the coming months, and you can see those after the jump.
* Steve Earle is performing at The Belcourt tonight, with his wife Allison Moorer opening. That one's sold-out as a mofucker, but if you've got a spare ticket, it looks like a handful of folks will shell out some serious coin to take it off your hands.
* Willie Nelson's record of jazz standards called American Classic comes out tomorrow. Color me intrigued.
* Ladyland in Flames, Halflings, No Compassion & more will be playing at a place known as Green Womb tonight. Pardon my ignorance, but I've never before heard of this alleged Green Womb venue. New club? Just a house? Since it might be a private residence, I won't provide the address. But some light Internet sleuthing ought to do the trick.
* Don't forget that Died Young, Stayed Pretty is playing one night only at The Belcourt next week, with director Eileen Yaghoobian in attendance. Sept. 3.
The Features' dates w/Kings of Leon.
September 8: Columbia, MD- Merriweather Post Pavillion
September 9: Uncasville, CT-Mohegan Sun Arena
October 20: Telmex Arena- Guadalahara, Mexico
October 22: Sports Arena- Mexico City, Mexico
October24: Arena Monterrey- Monterrey, Mexico