Local electro duo Jensen Sportag is back--or, y'know, still here--with their new track, called "Jackie." It's from their forthcoming EP of the same name, due out Mar. 3 on Midisport, the band's own imprint. Said EP is also slated to include a Max Tundra remix. (Speaking of Max Tundra, you may have heard that M.T. will accompany Junior Boys at Mercy Lounge May 1.)
OK, time to disco:
I'm dancing as much as I can while still putting fingers to keyboard. As for the cover art, dang, it's mystifying. The look on Jackie's face (if that is, in fact, "Jackie") is so strange. For whatever reason, I thought for a split-second that it was the same model as the cover of The Cars. Anyway, full track details after the jump.
01. Jackie: The title track is celebratory with a central theme of desire and shifts musically between 3 compositional quotations from pop rock. It is lyrically fashioned after the american girl tribute song. i.e: Oh Sheila, Joanna, Sussudio etc.
02. Victim: This one has an overtly sexual message with musical references to early electro rap and epic soul.
03. Cocktease: San Fransisco house and power pop provide setting for this girl gone bad story. i.e: Runaround Sue, Maneater, Girl Gone Bad, etc.
+ Bonus Materials:
04. Jackie (Jensen's Arpeggio Mix)
05. Victim (Live Version)
06. Cocktease (Jensen's Cock-Cuts Mix)
08. Jackie (Justin Kase Remix)
08. Cocktease (Max Tundra Remix)
10. Jackie (Sats + Sojourn Remix)