WHO SAID IT? Ray Charles or Ronald Reagan? You decide who was the beloved international statesman and who was the popular entertainer.
1. "A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not."
2. "I was born with music inside me. That's the only explanation I know of..."
3. "What is a soul? It's like electricity - we don't really know what it is, but it's a force that can light a room."
4. "Drugs steal away so much. They take and take, until finally every time a drug goes into a child, something else is forced outlike love and hope and trust and confidence. Drugs take away the dream from every child's heart and replace it with a nightmare, and it's time we in America stand up and replace those dreams."
5. "Welfare's purpose should be to eliminate, as far as possible, the need for its own existence."
6. "Affluence separates people. Poverty knits 'em together. You got some sugar and I don't; I borrow some of yours. Next month you might not have any flour; well, I'll give you some of mine."
7. "And yet everywhere I go I would say without bragging, I'm probably at least as popular as the President of the United States."
8. "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
ANSWERS: 1,5,8 - Ronald Reagan. 2,3,6,7 - Ray Charles. 4 - Nancy Reagan.