Thirty years ago, Christie Cookie started as a little fresh-made cookie shop on Church Street right here in Nashville. Founder Christie Hauck made the cookies based on the recipe of a neighbor. The cookies were so good that they were soon in demand all over the country. So Christie started mailing them as quickly as he (yes, he) could make them.
That mail-order business soon became a huge cookie-making operation that sends thousands of frozen and freshly baked cookies all over the country and makes custom cookies for some high-profile companies and restaurants. All based on that original recipe using the same ingredients you use at home. The famous Doubletree cookies? Christie Cookie makes them. Every day, cookies are freshly baked and shipped from Christie Cookie headquarters on Third Avenue North in Germantown, just steps away from some of the city’s most popular and renowned restaurants. If you're nearby during office hours, you can even stop in and buy a cookie or a tin of cookies to take with you.
Here’s a partial list of delectable concoctions from the restaurants participating in Christie Cookie's 30th anniversary celebrations. (Warning: This list may make you very hungry.)
• 55 South in Franklin - Peanut Butter & Apple Jam Snickerdoodle Tart: Christie Cookie snickerdoodle cookie tart shell filled with house-made caramelized apple jam and peanut butter mousse, topped with a sprinkle of roasted, salted peanuts.
• Cross Corner in Brentwood — Caramel swirl cheesecake on a Christie Cookie Southern Butter Pecan crust, as well as a second dessert, a White Chocolate Cherry Christie Cookie ice cream sandwich.
• Jackson’s in Hillsboro Village — Christie Cookie peanut butter dough flash-fried in pastry with chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream.
• McCabe Pub in Sylvan Park — Southern Pecan Bourbon Pie: served frozen with homemade caramel sauce and whipped cream, featuring Christie Cookie dough in the filling and crumbled Christie Cookies on top.
• Nero’s Grill in Green Hills — Christie Cookie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake: Christie Cookie chocolate chip cookie crust with cookie pieces within the cheese cake, finished with fresh whipped cream and choc chip chunks.
• Red Pony in Franklin — Southern Banana White Chocolate Rum Tart: Christie Cookie Southern Butter Pecan cookie tart shell filled with vanilla bean cream, a layer of sliced bananas, and rum whipped cream and topped with a drizzle of caramel sauce and candied pecans.
• Saffire in Franklin — Butterscotch Banana Pudding: Christie Cookie’s Southern Butter Pecan crumble served in a mini mason jar.
• Watermark — A decadent chocolate torte on a Christie Cookie Peanut Butter cookie crust.
• Wild Iris in Brentwood — Christie Cookie Snickerdoodle with local apples and Christie Cookie Southern Butter Pecan cookie dough mousse with green apple caramel sauce.
• Yellow Porch — Local Fuji apple and cranberry crisp made with Christie Cookie Southern Butter Pecan cookies and Christie Triple Chocolate Brownie ice cream.
Other restaurants that will be serving up Christie Cookies include Jimmy Kelly’s, Mere Bulles in Brentwood, Puckett’s Grocery (Nashville and Franklin locations), Puckett’s Boat House, and Table 3.
Be sure to report back which desserts you were able to try. The desserts at McCabe Pub and Wild Iris in particular are calling my name ...