Chef Ruiz will prepare some of her favorites from her native Mexico using local and sustainable produce from our area. She will also demonstrate several dishes and answer questions about cooking and culture in her native county.
The event starts at 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 16, and it's $25 per person (plus tax, tip and drinks). Fido is at 1812 21st Ave. S. (777-3436).
The menu, which sounds muy delicioso, follows after the jump:
Mastering Mexican Food with Local Ingredients
· Empanada — *Local chorizo, cheese, *Local squash blossom
· Caldo de mariscos — potato, corn, carrot, shrimp, tilapia, catfish
· Chile rellenos ala crema — poblano peppers, rice, field peas
· Tamales — pork, corn, stone ground grits,
· Pico de gallo — mango, jicama, lime, watermelon, cucumbers
· Tres leches, strawberries
Please reserve a spot by messaging firstname.lastname@example.org