I was just waxing on about my fondness for the annual McCormick Flavor Forecast, when all of a sudden the Maryland-based taste-makers distributed this dispatch from the word of spice:
Here are the top flavor pairings according to the McCormick Flavor Forecast 2009: Holiday Edition.
- Ginger & Molasses - The duo behind timeless gingerbread is cleverly reinvented from a childhood classic into contemporary goodies for all ages.
- Warm Spices & Pumpkin - The aromatic blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and allspice unites with creamy pumpkin to inspire remakes of its namesake pie.
- Peppermint & Chocolate - This refreshing yet sweet combination comes together in everything from a festive martini to a chocolate tart.
- Vanilla & Red Food Color - The lush, alluring flavor of vanilla and the joyous hue of red transform the show-stopping qualities of red velvet cake into updated indulgences.
- Nutmeg & Rum - The unforgettable essence of eggnog comes out of the punch bowl as inspired treats from breakfast to the dessert table.
Bitesters, if you encounter any of these seasonal combos, please share. Meanwhile, have you spotted other trendy pairings McCormick should keep an eye on?