Craigslist Nashville jobs includes a listing this week for a baker at Fido, which sounds like the most fun job for the right person. They are determined to root out that one, right, ideal person, one essay question at a time.
Baking experience is important, but so is personality. Besides the usual information about experience and education, applicants must answer some other questions. Get a pencil.
• How much do you know about coffee, tea and food?
• Do you know any current or former Bongo Java or Fido employees? Who?
• If you could have a 1-hour conversation with anyone living or dead, who would it be and what would you talk about?
• What is your story?
• What makes you tick?
• What do we need to know about you as a person? (Other than the fact that you need a job)
• Why do you want to work at Fido?
If you've ever worked with jerks, dickwads, slackers or clownholes, you can appreciate the pre-screening.
But more important, do you have what it takes?