Are giveaways of free food and drink on Election Day actually a subtle form of vote buying? If so, you're talking to one electoral whore who plans to pimp his vote for sips, snacks and discounts until the lever falls off. Here's how:
• Ben & Jerry's will give away a free scoop of ice cream to voters who show up today between 5 and 8 p.m.
• Crema, 15 Hermitage Ave., is offering a free brewed coffee through the election's end to anyone wearing an "I Voted" sticker.
• Participating Krispy Kreme stores will reward your "I Voted" sticker with a free star-shaped doughnut covered in red-white-and-blue sprinkles.
• Ombi's "Thai One On Tuesday" offers $1.50 draft beers from opening to close. Use 'em to chase down Thai wings while you watch the returns at the bar. (Or opt instead for one of Ombi's Tuesday-special "very, very dry" Lawrence of Arabia Martinis.)
• At Starbucks, your "I Voted" sticker gets you a free tall brewed coffee.
• The Belcourt hosts a free election viewing party starting at 5 p.m., with drink specials offered throughout the night.
If you know of others, please share. I plan to cram four years of mooching into one day.