In the Scene's annual Fall Guide this week, in an article titled "The Big Chill," Tracy Moore compiles a list of 125 things that Scene writers say Nashvillians should do before they die. (The image we swiped from Skulladay.com.) Among the food-related entries:
• Have afternoon tea at the Hermitage Hotel.
• Eat at Athens Restaurant on Franklin Pike at 3:30 a.m. after a long night of drinking.
• Have a pie and a pint at Family Wash.
• Eat a fresh doughnut at the Donut Den on Hillsboro Road.
• Chow down on a pulled-pork sandwich at Martin's Bar-B-Que Joint in Nolensville.
• Buy veggies at the Farmers' Market on a Saturday morning.
• Eat a cheeseburger and a chocolate-dipped cone at Bobbie's Dairy Dip as the sun sets and the outdoor speakers play the Night Train to Nashville CD.
• Sit in the Arcade at lunchtime while eating a slice of Manny's pizza or a pepperoni roll.
• Eat an entire Giant King hot fish sandwich from Eastside Fish, "the crunkest fish in town."
• Try the chocolate-chili ice pop at Las Paletas.
• Sit at the bar at Jimmy Kelly's and ask Lee the bartender how he spent prom night in 1983.
• Dare to order sushi from the Sushi Nazi at Sam's Sushi.
• Try the extra-hot breast sandwich at Prince's. (For practical reasons, make this last on your list.)
That's just a few. Additions? Deletions? Suggestions?